Frankincense Essential Oil has a spicy and woody aroma. The word frankincense is derived from the French ‘franc encens,’ meaning ‘high-quality incense’ and has long been treasured as a jewel often more valuable than gold. Often used during meditation practice, frankincense essential oil can reduce stress and ease the mind and body into a state of relaxation.
- Stress relief
- Immunity boosting
- Can prevent signs of ageing
- Perfect to use in meditation
Skin & Hair: Balances dry skin conditions, can reduce the signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Mind & Emotions: Helps reduce stress, calming, ideal for meditation.
Body: Can help boost immunity, hormone balancing, improve memory, improve circulation,reduce inflammation.
How to use
Skin & Hair:
Dry skin benefits from daily face massage add 1 drop of essential oil to 5ml of carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil and gently massage into the face and neck.
Mind & Body:
- Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops to your diffuser and let yourself be soothed by the calming & grounding mist.
- Bath: Add up to 8 drops of essential oil in a small amount of carrier oil to warm bath water. Relax and breathe in the healing scent of essential oils.
- Massage: A customised body massage blend can be used for a nurturing self-massage. A 2.5% dilution in 30ml is 15 drops of essential oil. 30ml of carrier oil is usually enough for a full body massage.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle of essential oil can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break from strong emotions.
Blends well with: basil, bergamot, black pepper, geranium , jasmine, lavender, lemon, sandalwood, ylang ylang.
Boswellia carteri (frankincense) oil.